This short tutorials explain How to set node and npm versions in netlify?
This post answers the below questions
- set the latest nodejs version in netlify
- upgrade node and npm versions production build
- Change outdated nodejs version
There are multiple ways we can upgrade the node version.
The first way, use the
Adding .nvmrc file
Go to your project root folder, create a file
Add the node version to it
Upgrade nodejs and npm version using Environment Variables?
Following are steps to add environment variables in
- First, log in to your netlify account
- Next, Go to Sites and select the project
- Select Site Settings
- Go to the Build & Deploy tab,
- Go to Environment & Environment variables
- Please add the below environment variables
These variables are available to build a script for your site.
Please create environment variables with the below values
NODE_VERSION = "16.9.0" NPM_VERSION = "7.11.1"
Adding node and npm version in netlify.toml file
netlify.toml file contains all build-related configuration for production build of
Please add the below values to the
[context.production.environment] HUGO_ENV = "production" HUGO_ENABLEGITINFO = "false" HUGO_VERSION = "0.89.4" [build.environment] HUGO_VERSION = "0.89.4" NODE_VERSION = "16.9.0" NPM_VERSION = "7.11.1"
To Sum Up, You learned multiple ways to learn to upgrade nodejs versions in netlify build and deployment.