In this tutorial, Let us see the differences and comparisons between mustache and handlebar templates.
Both are open-source frameworks.
Let’s see the differences.
It is a simple webtemplate engine with tags replaced with values and supports many programming languages.
- Opensource template
- Compiled support in popular languages
- Logic less and no helper classes
- Active community
- Partials are easy to implement
- These are extended syntax to the mustache template
- Introduced helper classes #if, #each #unless #with
- Better support in block level and comments compared with a mustache
- Supports comments
- Partial syntax is complex to understand and implement
Difference between Mustache vs handlebarJS templates
|Opensource template engine||Opensource template|
|Supports Helpers, Paths||No helper classes|
|Supports ||Logic less template|
|verticalPosition||Vertical position - ‘top’,‘bottom’|
You learned the difference between mustache and handlebarJS, If it is a small project, you can pick Mustache with wider language support.
if you want a more feature-rich and active community, you can choose HandlebarJS.