Angular 13 version is released on November 04, 2021 by Google.
In this tutorial,Learned Latest Angular 13 features, Learn how to upgrade angular 12 to 13
What are the features of Angular 13?
The following features are added in Angular 13 version
- Improving cache support in Angular CLI
- View engine is completely removed and added support for IVY engine
- Angular test API Improvements
- IE11 Support Removed completely
- There is no support for TypeScript version below 4.4.2, Typescript version 4.4 is supported in Angular 13 version
- Nodejs Version below v12.12.0 are not supported
- RXjs7.4 is a default version when you create an application with cli
ng new command
- Adobe fonts are supported by default to improve FCP
- Angular Package Format (APF) modification
How to upgrade existing application to Angular 13
In this tutorial, Let’s see the steps for upgrading application from Angular 12 to 13.
First, Uninstall Angular CLI either globally or locally
npm uninstall @angular/cli or npm uninstall -g @angular/cli
This uninstalls current angular cli your application or system.
If it is new application, We can use ng new application Following is an command to install angular cli 13 version manually
npm install @angular/core@13 @angular/cli@13
If it is an existing angular 12 application, We can use below command
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core