Angular 13 version was released on November 04, 2021, from Google.
In this tutorial, LearnLatest Angular 13 features, Learn how to upgrade Angular 12 to 13
What are the features of Angular 13?
The following features add to the Angular 13 version.
- Improving cache support in Angular CLI
- The view engine is completely removed and added support for the IVY engine
- Angular test API Improvements
- IE11 Support Removed completely
- There is no support for TypeScript version below 4.4.2, Typescript version 4.4 is supported in Angular 13 version
- The nodejs version below v12.12.0 is not supported
- RXjs7.4 is a default version when you create an application with CLI
ng new command.
- Adobe fonts are supported by default to improve FCP
- Angular Package Format (APF) modification
How to upgrade an existing application to Angular 13
In this tutorial, Let’s see the steps for upgrading an application from Angular version 12 to 13.
First, Uninstall Angular CLI either globally or locally.
npm uninstall @angular/cli or npm uninstall -g @angular/cli
It uninstalls the current angular CLI in your application or system.
If it is a new application, We can use ng new application Following is a command to install the Angular CLI 13 version manually
If it is an existing angular 12 application, We can use the below command
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core
For material/cdk upgrade
ng update @angular/cdk
if you are using angular material
ng update @angular/material
If you got any errors you can append –allow-dirty and –force option
ng update @angular/cli @angular/core --allow-dirty --force ng update @angular/material --allow-dirty --force ng update @angular/cdk --allow-dirty --force
if your project is any outdated dependencies, you can find out using the below command.
It lists out all direct dependencies with the current and latest version and does not update to package.json
If you want to upgrade all dependencies to the latest version, run the below command
It updates to the latest version in package.json.
Next, run npm install command to install dependencies.