REST API examplesREST is one of the popular web services in the software world. REST is abbreviated as Representational State Transfer. REST API used to develop HTTP based web services
REST is similar to SOAP web services, SOAP web services can be accessed using object and methods, whereas REST can be accessed using URL with HTTP operations like GET, POST, DELETE, PUT.
REST API is used to write the apis for web applications to access the services.
REST API is protocol, can be developed and consumed in many languages like Java, .net
REST API is simple to develop and simple to access the resources and each URI in REST web service is accessing object methods in java world. each web service is an asset to the organization
Usually, there are different uses that deal with REST API's.
1. Producer:- users create a RESTfull service and host this services and expose this service to the outside world with URL www.myorg.com/service/get. This can be developed in any language
2. Consumer:- Consumer is an actual user who accesses the REST web service. users code in any language to consume the web service by HTTP communication
When we are developing any REST based API
Advantages of REST API:-
1. Can be easily developed in any language on any platform
2. Easy to develop web services
3 Easy to learn
4. Each web URI point to java method, so no other layers
5. Design and develop and consume is platform independent
Disadvantages of REST API
1. Not be used for complex message distributed systems.
2. security mechanism has to be implemented on own, no standard protocol for security
3. Used only for HTTP based communication
Please click like if you like this post